The idea behind building Hey, Polls! was sparked when my colleagues and I were deciding where to go for our lunch break. We would usually start the conversation in a commonly used collaboration (chat) tool. Even though it seemed simple, this conversation would get interrupted with various side quests waaaaay too many times ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
The main intention behind building Hey, Polls! is to provide a clear focus towards finishing one activity at a time, as fast as possible in an easy and fun way.
Interesting application features include:
- Registration-less access
- Extensive poll configuration
- Automatic account creation with the possibility to further personalise user account
- Live vote updates
- Light theme? Dark theme? You betcha!
- Easily check created or participated polls via poll history
- Backup and restore account on multiple devices/browsers
- Ability to add the application to the mobile screen as PWA, or, if the user is on an Android phone, to download the application on the Play Store
Here is a quick introduction on how to create and share polls:
Feel free to check out Hey, Polls! and let me know what you think ✌️.